Dail indicators help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leptus

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all metal workers I need a bit of help and advice , I have a dial indicator which I bought from axi few years ago , I recently bought a set of tips for it not realising they have different thread for the tips to screw on the dial indicator does any one know where I can get an adaptor for it so I can use the the tips? Any help will greatly appreciated. =D>

Hi

You will have to make any adaptor yourself, if you don't have the means to do this could you return the tips for a refund?

To be honest the times when you'll need alternate tips are pretty infrequent anyhow.

Regards Mick

Making an external and internal thread on something so small would be a right pain in my opinion but a good test on your skill, I think I'd return them also, I made a longer tip about 50mm with a thread and so far that's all I've ever needed...

Thanks all for help I found one supplier in the USA but the postage cost is astronomical 90dollars I said on your bike I hope they understood that any way i managed to adapt a plastic lighter gas refills adaptors and worked brilliantly. Thank all.

seaco":2douuwtu said:
Making an external and internal thread on something so small would be a right pain in my opinion but a good test on your skill, I think I'd return them also, I made a longer tip about 50mm with a thread and so far that's all I've ever needed...

That will be fine as long as there's no give in the plastic to give an erroneous readings, if not it's a good solution...

Hi Lee as the piece is less than a 1/4 inch long there was no give and the plastic is quite hard almost no flex in it , I tried it with and without and the reading was identical.

Back