d & m show

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chippy1970

Established Member
Reaction score
I popped into the d & m tool show this morning just for a quick wiz round and I actually got a bargain for once. I have only been a couple of times before and most stuff is dearer than you can buy it elsewhere.

Anyway back to my bargain I have been after a good stand for my big makita chopsaw for a while now and chatting to the guy on the metabo stand mentioned their stand and he sold me one for £110 inc vat normally £180 cheapest I can see them for on the net is £150 + p&p. The rest of the show was pretty rubbish though as usual, didnt see Paslode there this year.

I was planning on going tomorrow, I'm after a few more clamps, would I be wasting my time?

i did spot the usual bessey stand and irwin , stanley etc all sell them but i dont know what deals they are doing. Its an easy show for me as i only live 10 minutes from kempton, i was out getting materials for a job this morning and before i knew it i was in there buying jigsaw blades and a saw stand :lol:

I went to the show and thoroughly enjoyed "looking around". I'm in the process of setting my workshop up and have waited for the past few months to buy certain tools that I want (probably don't "need" :roll: ) - hoping that I'd be able to get them with a show discount.

From reading the earlier post I thought I'd have a quick google and see if I actually got the bargains I had hoped I got. Looks like I did:

Dewalt Biscuit Jointer:
found one site retailing at the same price I got mine for but they are out of stock and the postage would have been the best part of a tenner.
I saved £40 quid over the nearest price I could find (that had stock)

Freud TS blade - saved £14

Niflisk workshop vac/power tool extractor saved £60

Triton Router - saved £30

Hitachi drill - saved £22

Veritas DT saw - saved £8

Worth mentioning that all the savings don't include postage so if you factor that in as well i saved a fair bit more by going to the show.

All in all I'm well chuffed, I think the bottom line is that if youre already set up and have most of the power tools you need then the show probably isn't the mecca for upgrading at a discount, on the other hand, if like me youre making initial purchases, as can be seen, there were some bargains to be had.

Vinny

PS, the nilfisk vac is the dogs danglies

Must admit Paul, for a bloke who wields a chainsaw, you have an eye for the finer things :lol: Jeez she had legs and everything :wink:

Which Nilfisk vacuum did you walk away with, Vinny? I've been eyeing up the smallest model for a while now. It's been on special offer for many months now, on their website. Don't tell me you made an even bigger saving?! :shock: :)

If it's the same girl whos there every year, she's ALL legs. ;)

OPJ

I got the one you want, the small one. (Alto 25-21)

came with all the attachments. Plug whatever tool youre using in to the service socket on the vac itself and it switches on automatically when you use the tool, suction is good - I tried it on my belt sander and it unblocked the extraction vent which was chocca as soon as I pressed the switch. it also has a mechanism for blowing the rubbish off the filter which works very well.

Show price was £79.99, don't know what you saw it at but screwfix have it for
£129.99

vinny

i remember seeing her last year. The metabo girls in tight white t-shirts were nice too a few years back havent seen them for a while now

Not having been before i have nothing to compare to but there was a girl with unrealisticaly long legs on the Nilfisk stand - wasnt wearing much in the way of a skirt either.

Cant comment on her smile as i couldnt look that far up :lol:

There was one girl on the Makita stand with the tight t-shirt, sporting the biggest tool belt in history - with only a few pamflets in it.

I thought the show was good - in fact I went twice :shock: First on Friday to look at two specific purchases which I've wanted for a few years but not been able to afford until now. Then much thinking over Saturday and back today to get them.

First was a Tormek T7 (plus a few extras). I'm really anti high-speed grinders for planes and chisels so haven't used a grinder at all for years. But I've now decided that time is too short to prepare all my primary bevels on diamond stones. Anyway, I had another excellent demo from Martin Brown and decided to get it at what I thought was a good price.

Then over to Mafell to get the small KSS 300 saw and rail system - again at a good price and an extra blade thrown in. Ideal for what I need and again I've been ogling one for a few years. A great system.

Also picked up two Record #135 sash cramps for about half price.

So, overall, a good time :D

Cheers :wink:

Paul

The 1400w Triton router package was a good deal at £139, but all gone by the time I got there. :cry:

I'm still trying to make an association between long legged girl wearing very little and wood. Oh, hang on.... I just got it.. :shock:

Latest posts

Back