Competition Entry Finally Finished

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarrenW

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Finally got round to finishing the table which was too late for the comp, but here are the pics anyway.

Original Part 1 Entry pic to start with....
DarrenW_DrawOpen.jpg

( Full Part 1 post )

.... and for the final pics

FinalTable1.jpg

FinalTable2.jpg

FinalTable3.jpg

FinalTable4.jpg

FinalTable5.jpg

With Part 2 Submissions Here

All pretty much went to plan. The only anoyance was the top. After glue up the first time, nicely flattened it and left it alone for ages. When I came back to it it had cupped! So sawed down the middle, reglued and flattened it again. Now it has cupped again, but only by a small amount but in the opposite direction... go figure!

Finish is Danish Oil.

Anyway Hope you enjoy

Darren

Excellent work. I love the shape, love the handles, love the dovetails. The only thing I would say is that the legs might have benefited from a slight taper. Just personal taste though. If you had it finished in time for the competition, I'm sure you would have been a contender for the title. Well done.

nice work fella,
i would'nt mind making something simular one day, got to clear the backlog first :roll:

just a shame its a bit late for the comp

Darren

Very nice functional table,like the others have said, its a shame it wasn't ready for the compitition becasue I'm sure it would have been up there.

Darren - this is a good piece =D> everything seems well proportioned. The handles for me might seem a little large, but that said, they sit very well on the drawer fronts....shame it wasn't finished in time :( 'cos I think it would have been in the running - Rob

Thanks for the comments guys!

I think Rob is right, the handles are possibly a shade too chunky and the idea about tapering the legs i'll take in board and for a standalone piece is a fair comment. But it sits well with the furniture around it which mainly consists of an Oak bed (habitat) which is made from square section (4inch) Oak so the squareness of the legs doesn't look odd in situ.

I hope the mods run the competition again next year. I'll start something now and it might get finished this time ;)

Darren

really nice job !
I like the simple aspect of the table.
nice wood and good quality.
well done

Very nice :D - I particularly like the handles;pleasantly different,but complement the overall look of the piece beautifully.

Andrew

Hello DarrenW
nice job - simple lines, good wood, and solid "proper" joinery. Don't worry about the competition, you've got something far more valuable - a great piece of furniture, & what's more - you made it ! Well done & thanks for posting.
regards, Catface.

Latest posts

Back