Colouring video

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KimG

Little Woodworm
Reaction score
While I was doing some of the work on the Blue and Silver bowl I videoed part of the process, some of you may find some aspects of the video of interest. It's not complete in so far as I only get to the point of finished colouring with the stains, I don't cover finishing or the application of the silver colour in this, I may get round to that in another video.

Vid is 30 minutes, I hope it doesn't drag too badly! Please leave a comment on the video too if you like it.

video link here

:)

I did panic at 9:00 when I thought your paintbrush had a metal handle.

Do you use water & bicarb for the electrolyte?

Hi Naznomad, yes that's correct, the brush is an acrylic type with nylon bristles (and a wooden handle! :) ), Bicarb is caustic (I found out) it will eat natural bristles.

That was 30 minutes of my life very well spent, I could watch that all day long.

The only problem I have watching these videos, it puts me in the ''screw it, sell my lathe tomorrow'' mindset. :-D

Great video - really nice relaxed delivery style.

Is the transformer you use an ex microwave oven unit? If so, do you have to find a commercial unit or will SWMBO 800w Samsung do as a donor?

Simon

Thanks Simon, I really know nothing about the transformer other than it came from an old microwave, my son knocked it up so to speak, I just used it.

Another great video Kim I still need to get down to doing the colouring without other things getting in the way like the burning :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers Derek, I know what you mean, one step at a time etc!! :)

Back