CNC router

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kong, I saw a couple of these machines working and producing various items at WoodMex back in September, and was very impressed with what they could actually produce.
As you say £4000 is cheap compared to the ones I saw the cheapest was
£14,000 plus software and the other was £28,000.

Seeing your machine !WOW!! I'm very impressed. :D

If anyone wants to build one or something similar, then please feel free to pm me about writing some software - I would be only too pleased to help

Tony, what kind of software are you referring to? There is a lot of good freeware already available.

Kong

I was just offering to help anyone interested in making one. I have spent 20+ years writing control software for very large manufacturing systems and bespoke machines and so am happy to help out members of the forum who need it

Kong
Great stuff, more photos please.

I made a similar, but lighter, device years ago for a Bosch POF?? router controlled by a BBC micro. It used stepper motors driving steel bands for X Y and a lead screw with coder disk for Z. I got it to the stage of testing by cutting simple shapes in Perspex, then SWMBO decided it was time to move house. :(
Toby

Hi Toby, more photos eh? Construction I take it, I got loads! Anything in particular you want to see?

Tony, I use Mach2 for control software - www.artofcnc.ca
It is great, and has all the functionality of a professional CNC control. Not bad for $150, but if you want cheaper, then thee is TurboCNC over at www.dakeng.com which is shareware. It will never stop functioning, but for continued developement, they urge you to register for $60. No Uk software that I know of though?!

Ok then, it will be a big post though!

Providing it is ok with the mods, I will write up a new thread over the weekend from start to finnish.

kong":2gfxzrli said:
Ok then, it will be a big post though!

Providing it is ok with the mods, I will write up a new thread over the weekend from start to finnish.

yes pls do :)

Fire away. Should be interesting.

Rgds

Noel

Back