chuck 4 my lathe ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grandads_shed

Established Member
Reaction score
If your lathe is listed under the K10 chuck I would go for that and buy the add ons as you need them, 11 years ago I bought a Carlton chuck from axminster and newer add ons still fit, great compny to deal with!

The first chuck you have a link for is only light duty

" this little chuck is sure to prove popular with turners of small scale and miniature items "

so avoid if you want to do normal size items

The second one also is not a general use chuck

" This really is an essential holding device for anyone involved in miniature woodturning; beautifully engineered, complete in a fitted case and superb value. "

Better to get K10 or super precision for quality on bigger turnings

Just a little word of warning,

The first Chuck is prone to wear out very quickly, unless you are very very delicate with the tightening. Richard at Axminster has just, kindly, replaced mine under warranty, but it did only last a couple of months............maybe my fat fingers ??.

I would go for the heavier Chucks and buy extra jaws as you need or can warrant buying. Just my 2p. worth

i will be using them for vases and bowls and platters , plus any thing else i can think of ,, its just a hobby to me ,,
i have ordered the ...Axminster Goliath 125mm... i decided this one instead of the ,,,Axminster Clubman K10 100mm.. as it might be useful some time to have the bigger diameter.
i have also bought the ...Colossus 150mm Gripper Jaws ... and the ...Type H Medium Gripper Jaws ...
hope fully these will give me plenty of range for different sizes of recesses and diameters ;;

i have the ... Clarke CWL20RV Wood Lathe .... which is the same as the ... Axminster AWVSL900 ...

No wish to teach my Grandad to suck eggs but PLEASE PLEASE if don't already, give the drive pulleys a weekly lube. Grease on the motor shaft and something thin and slippery on the speed change shaft. My Clarke 20RV died through lack of it - both pulleys went and I got fed up with trying to fix it in the end.

axminster are probably one of the best companies i have ever dealt with.
price and quality is good and the customer service is excellent
most of my workshop is from axminster

Back