Chestnut varnish?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrahamRounce

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi - A couple of years ago I used Wickes quick-drying chestnut-coloured varnish on a bookcase. Now I need some more to match for another item, and find that they don't do it any more. Searching the inet just proves that chestnut varnish is rarer than steak on a cow, I've no idea why - it's a nice colour!

Anyone know where to obtain chestnut varnish please?

Thanks,
Graham

PS: I know, I know - no comments pls! I'll get around to french polishing one day!

Looks like I'm going to go with Ronseal's Deep Mahogany gloss - 4 coats put on with a cloth & lightly scraped flat between coats looks quite nice & not too far from the chestnut.
Thanks all,

Graham next time you are looking for wood stains or dyes and all manner of wax try here
They are just up the road, more or less, from you and are willing to spend time to discuss your needs.
Also it's a step back in time to see their works and offices.

Dom

I've used wood-finishes-direct in the past and they done a great job, service was excellent, gave great advice on product suitability, delivery arrived next day. Think it's always difficult when cost is involved, temptation is to go for the cheapest you can find but always the risk of getting an inferior product, as for getting helpful advice sometimes from some of the DIY stores, no comment.

Latest posts

Back