Chestnut TV Stand - First Foray into Hardwoods

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good. :) Finishing is hardly the most exciting part of a long process like this but it can sometimes make a lot of difference to the finished appearance.

If you're having trouble sourcing handles then if you ask nicely in the turning forum I'm sure you'll find someone locally who would be happy to help you out! :wink:

Many thanks to all!

OPJ - I'm after brass handles.

Thanks Kevin!

Its my first ever attempt at breadboards, and I must say the difference between a board with them and just a straight edged board is pretty large they look so much nicer with!

I must say, it looks great! It might have taken a while but as they say, good thing come to those that wait. :D

Can't wait to see the next project, if there's things you think you could of done better on this one! :wink:

I knew I couldn't attach the ends to the legs cause if they expanded it would have all broken apart. So I rebated some mending plates into th top of the legs, got them from focus they are just a bit of steel about 5/6 inches long with 2 screw holes in either end. Screwed one end into the top of the leg and then screwed upwards into the top on the main part of the top not the breadboard ends. So far it seems to be working perfectly.

Latest posts

Back