Chalk & Fusion paints for furniture

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark18PLL

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning all,

Has anybody had any experience with these?

My wife introduced me to them and i decided to buy a couple of pots to see what the fuss was about and paint a couple of pieces of small furniture.

While the piece of furniture i painted with Chalk paint turned out ok the Fusion paint just seemed like a load of rubbish (and hype). I mean watching the Fusion video of how to apply, she mentions the you have to apply generous amounts and the self levelling of the paint will even it out, honestly it never worked for me.

If you wanted to create the shabby chic look, what paint would you recommend there than these which works well?

Anyway I am starting to think these are just a fad but feel free to correct me.

Thanks

Mark

Sorry never tried fusion paint but my one and only dealings with chalk paint-
I was given an old derelict rocking chair that was supposed to be my great great grandma's to FIX!
I spent lots of time repairing it and replacing the ply that some one had fitted on the seat and the back with reed as it originally was, the biggest problem I had was the paint because I considered the wood was past varnishing.
I liked the look and feel of chalk paint but after several coats that I was not happy with and with lots of sanding in between I decided it was to delicate and easily rubbed on the edges to be practical. Like in the TV programs where they revamp a room in 1/2 a day and emulsion the floorboards, not robust enough for physical use. I ended up using a satin paint which was a lot more durable.
That may just be me though.

Back