Castle Box

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SVB

Established Member
Reaction score
I had 'help' in the workshop today from my little lad (4 yrs old). He asked for a little box to put the cannon balls in that came with his Playmobile castle set so I made this little turret box. Not sure what timber (iroko perhaps), some random scrap bin off-cut and a bit dry n dusty to turn. Detail carved with flexi-drive & burr and pyrography with home-made burning unit.

Castle crenellations bit rough as I thought I had hour or so before we were going out for roast with parents but made schoolboy error with watch / time change today so rushed them in only 10 mins!

Any comment / critique welcome.

Simon

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,143
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,134
Cracking stuff - a perfect design for its intended use - but I suspect you may now be expected to make "the rest of the castle" You could be busy for a while :)

Hey SVB, I would be interested to hear more about your home made wood burning kit. I have been thinking of building one myself. Any information you could post?

K

graduate_owner":1h9b1dwu said:
Hey SVB, I would be interested to hear more about your home made wood burning kit. I have been thinking of building one myself. Any information you could post?

K

Hi K,

I posted on this when I made it here. Worth reading all thread as there are several useful hints and also you will see both my prototype lash up and the 'mounted production version' on the second page!

The only mod I have made since is to replace the power supply for a 250W unit as I was using the unit to texture with some pretty heavy gauge wire so bust the 150W supply! (Not an issue for normal pyrography use but only an extra £5 to be 'future proof').

Note some comment re H&S - caveat emptor applies to forum advice as well but some common sense and respect for heat and electricity has been OK for me!

Hope this gets you on the right track - feel free to ask any Qs (perhaps on old thread to keep all info in one place?)

BRgds

Simon

Brilliant! how about a canon for the castle now :cool: or maybe a bigger project of a fairytale castle with plenty of turrets etc.....

Latest posts

Back