Cascamite - New User

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you are correct, I phoned polyvine and was eventually put through to a female who was obviously reading rubbish from a script. I was told that moisture had entered the plastic container and this was the reason for the failure. When I enquired about the WBP and asked if this was the solution to the problem,she stated that there was no problem with their glues. I can't be bothered to return the item to Axminster so I will simply put Polyvine products at the top of my s-- t list and make sure I don't buy anything with their name on in future. A shame to see a long used product destroyed by idiots.

In one of those other threads, Peter Sefton helpfully wrote:

"The original factory that produced a key element of UF glues was based in Iraq but they ceased producing it around 18-24 months ago, a few suppliers dropped "Cascamite" as a result. I used to buy a Borden product but it disappeared from the market.
A new producer for that key element has been found but with a few teething problems. "

So if international conflict has got in the way of making reliable glue, it looks a bit more complicated than just the current manufacturer being no good at their job. I see no reason to reject all their other products because of the problem with Cascamite.

They are knowingly selling rubbish that fails and costs the user money, why would anyone wish to support them.

I've never measured the quantities, I've added it to water to get the consistency and quantity I need, I have used it really runny (like double cream) for some purposes - I guess veneering might need that sort of consistency?

Back