car boot mystery

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kreed

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
This flummoxed not only me but the guy selling it, who's been at it for years. Cost me £1.90 (loose change) coz I was intrigued by the design, patterning & usage. It's marked 'foreign' on the reverse side.
I also got some moore & wright calipers, planes, VERY small files & other bits. Spent a pleasant afternoon going through it yesterday whilst listening to Vettel getting spanked:)
tn__MG_9613.JPG

Attachments

• tn__MG_9613.JPG
    tn__MG_9613.JPG
    198.1 KB · Views: 1,607
Quite a useful design too. Fairly common, often branded CK. I bought mine in a shop so I had to pay £5!

OH!!!!
I'd no idea. One for the box I think. Watched 2 1/4 hours of the youtube vid on saw sharpening the other day. Fascinating stuff & I have to give it a go.
Thanks Pete:)

No problem

I think I have a pair of those and a few 77 and a 42x and...

Pete

Thanks TobyC.
Interesting. Just a shame the one I have has no other markings than 'foreign'. Thought I might have a one of a kind antique worth millions...
I'll have a play tho:)

It's appropriate that you mention Sebastian Vettel.

Most tools marked 'foreign' are post-war products of German manufacture and sometimes of very good quality. At the time 'Made in Germany' wasn't a strong selling point, no matter how well made the item.

Kunz still manufacture a saw set of the same design - great for saws with larger teeth.

Back