Can you fit a sheet of plywood in there?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WiZeR":2hkdygdb said:
I saw a guy driving down the road at the weekend with about 6 sheets of ply on his roofrack, one strap and holding on to it out the window :shock: :roll:

Worked in a place that sold various sized chipboard circles, one after noon 4 indian guys came in and bought 4 1800mm diameter circles (there 18mm thick) they left with them on the roof of there car. 30mins later i was driving home and saw part of a large disc at side of road. bit further see the flashing blue and red light of a police car, he had pulled them up and they had only one disc left.
What happened to the rest i have no idea

I have a 96 frontera and have managed 8 sheets om 18mm mdf and was dung scared coz the noise of the fibre glass roof. Have 3 bars for the roof rack

Just placed an order for a holden rodeo space cab ( Isuzu dmax)that is getting a mobile tool bow fitted to it. The design allows for me to get 10 sheets in the bottom and space for tools and finished work above.

ByronBlack:

I have a Volvo V50 2.0Diesel SE and I love it......if you would like more details/info just give me a shout.

But before you ask, no, it won't fit a sheet of 8x4 in the boot. Although I have a had a single bed in there and a chesterfield, on separate occasions obviously :p

SimonA

ByronBlack":205142vr said:
and was thinking of a volvo estate, nice looking cars good to drive and plenty of space, any other voldo drivers out there?

I'm on my second Volvo estate I love 'em. Got a 940 this time - £480 on fleabay, not the prettiest thing but it's sailed through 2 MOTs since I've had it without any more than the odd bulb. Get's washed once a year whether it needs it or not, strong as an Ox, cost's next to nothing to insure, HUGE flat loadspace. Boards go on the roof bars and unlike a van the roof is low enough to get stuff on and off without help. If I've a need for something I can't carry I just get it delivered.
Don't get me wrong, a van would be nice ( VW transporter would be my choice) but I can't see me running one for anything like the pittance the Volvo costs.

Mark

if you want to get a 8x4 sheet in the back of a nissan primastar . you have to empty everything and load the sheet in diagonally
which is a shame as thats my company vehicle
far better equipped than the renaults and vauxhalls thou
i always end up with shhet materials on the roofrack

When I was looking at vans, particularly the bigger ones
I seem to recall that the load area is 2400mm long!!

if you want to get a 8 ft board in then you have to buy the long wheel base, or go diagonally.
seems pretty ridiculous to me, that was on the vivaro/trafic etc

Back