Calling DeWalt DW718 users.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

A couple weeks ago I went out looking at the DW718 mitre saw and stupidly forgot to measure it to make sure it's suitable for my workshop. So can anybody do me a favour and measure how much worktop it takes up depth wise when set at 90 degrees. It says 470mm on the DeWalt site but that just doesn't sound right after seeing it in person.

Thanks
Danny

Ok Danny just been down to the shop for you. From the back of the slide to the end of the lock down catch for the turntable it measures 36" from the back of the slide to the front mounting plate it measures 24" and from the back of the slide to the front of the blade guard it measures 30" these measurements are all taken with the blade at the 90 degree position and in the full rear slide mode. HTH. :wink:

:shock: 3 foot blimey.

Thanks very much for going to the trouble to measure it. It means I can start a design for new benches. I think I'll go for a 27" worktop and just store it at 60 degrees when not in use.

So where do DeWalt get 470mm from then :lol:

Thanks.
Danny

Back