Cake Stands

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ang86elax

Reaction score
Hello,
sorry if I shouldnt post this here, but I would like to have a few cake stands made for an upcoming Wedding Fayre.
I have attached a picture of the type of cake stand I would like, I dont need it painted as I would do this my self. If no one on here can take orders like this could you please point me in the right direction.
Many Thanks

Attachments

• cakestands.jpg
    cakestands.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 3,103
Hello,

Why shouldn't you post this here? This is the place to find a man who can!

Well..... I can't but I'm sure a turner will be along very soon to give you a price or PM. It would help if you let us know where you are located.

Welcome to the forums. :D

What material would you be after? MDF could make them very cheap, at least for the flat sections. Sounds like a nice little job for someone with a duplicator

Aidan

Thanks for your replies,
I would need 6 stands initially, 3 stands with a diameter of 12" and a height of 6" and 3 stands with a diameter of 14" with a height of 7" .
I don’t mind what wood is used, just the cheapest really as I would be painting them.
I’m from Gwent, South Wales. Also if it’s easier to post the stands in 2 pieces, I wouldn’t mind assembling them myself.
Thanks
Angela

Only just joined this forum and came across this post which is now quite old. I have turned cake stands and for the very reaon that these are wanted. Unfortunately they are not cheap as thery are made of hardwood and take some time to sort. I can't post a link here but let me know if you still need to sort something and what sort of price you were hoping for.

Regards
Pat

woodturningpat":1fwcwsf7 said:
Only just joined this forum and came across this post which is now quite old. I have turned cake stands and for the very reaon that these are wanted. Unfortunately they are not cheap as thery are made of hardwood and take some time to sort. I can't post a link here but let me know if you still need to sort something and what sort of price you were hoping for.

Regards
Pat

Given that Angela hasn't visited the forum since the 24 Jan you may have to wait a little for a response.......... #-o

Hi,
thanks to everyone who replied to my post about the cake stands, back in jan 2011! I got them made by a local carpenter as it was easier for me to pick them up. I have now run out of the stands and can't get hold of the original carpenter i used and need extra due to a bride who would like one for her wedding this Saturday! i know this is very short notice but if anyone is still able to make these stands i would love to hear from you. I will need 3 stands in total.
im not sure if my account will let me reply to private messages, so if you send me a pm please include your email address for me to respond.

I understand if you can't make these for me as it is a very tight deadline.
Angela

I couldn't do them by Saturday, but it has sure given me an idea of what else to make! Hope the wedding goes well!

Hi Angela
You could possibly try isca woodcraft in Tredegar House. As he is also a supplier of wood turning goodies he may know of someone else if he's not up for it himself?
A bit short notice for me too, but you could try me in the future if you like.

Hello Angela,
it was me who made the original stands for you back last year. Sorry I didn't get back to your email you sent via the website, I must confess I don't check it too often now as I don't do as much turning as I used to. As it was I wouldn't have been able to get any done by the weekend due to work commitments but if you need any more in the future, try me and if I have enough notice I'm sure I can help out.
Thanks,
Mike

Hi,

I've just come across this topic .... I've actually just posted a similar request in the general forum
(cake-stand-required-t68308.html), as I didn't know what 'turning' was!

Just wondering if anyone was able to help!

Thanks for your time,

A rather stressed Pandora!

Back