buying lee valley tools over here

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been down this road. As far as I can see the short answer is "no" although with a bit of luck somebody with more positive news might come along.

There is www.canadiantools.co.uk which does the Veritas stuff and as Veritas is part of Lee Valley, they might be able to advise.

As for dozukis, su dokus and all that Japanese stuff, one of the best stocked European firms is www.mehr-als-werkzeug.de It's a German firm called Dictum based in Bavaria but just click on the Union Jack and you get the website in English.

When I bought some stuff from Lee Valley in Canada the only pain in the neck was the import duty. The delivery times (I took the UPS option) were amazingly quick though, about 4 or 5 days from ordering if I remember aright. I got them to include a copy of their catalogue too which meant that I could try to search for individual items to see if they are available more locally.

I hope this is of some use.

Andy.

Andy Kev.":28hyafue said:
When I bought some stuff from Lee Valley in Canada the only pain in the neck was the import duty. The delivery times (I took the UPS option) were amazingly quick though, about 4 or 5 days from ordering if I remember aright..........
Andy.
UPS have high brokerage fees. I was caught the first time but since then I try, whenever practical, to get stuff sent ordinary airmail.

USPS are generally cheaper and in the past items slipped through but not anymore?

Rod

I'd email LV and ask what the postage options are, Mark - they may ship USPS and for items low price you may avoid fees. Not a given but they don't check every package.

I bought from Lee Valley a fortnight ago and used the UPS option. They delivered in 5 days two of which were the weekend! The fees were about the same as Royal Mail charge

I've bought direct from LV a few times. If you order via the web they will e-mail you with postage costs and options. Even with duty and fees it usually works out pretty reasonable.

RogerP":2gp16sm0 said:
UPS have high brokerage fees. I was caught the first time but since then I try, whenever practical, to get stuff sent ordinary airmail.

You're not kidding. UPS charged me over £30 brokerage fee on my last order because I bought items from more than 5 different countries of origin. They told me up to 5 countries of origin are included in the standard fee but any more and they clobber you for the extra paperwork. So the knick knacks I added to the Shopping Cart on impulse, after putting in the items I really wanted, turned out to be rather expensive as they had different countries of origin.

Latest posts

Back