buying advice on old table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexfn

Established Member
Reaction score
hi everyone

i have been on the look out for a second-hand table saw for a while, i have came across this one today and the seller is holding it for me, the only issue is i have to travel 6 hours return to see it, on the other hand by chance a friend of mine is coming down to mine in his transit Wednesday and could take it with him,

https://www.gumtree.com/p/power-saws/fo ... 1185234697

i know that this saw was also sold as the record tspp250

i think this saw must be around 10 years old, slightly worried that he says its accurate to 0.5mm over 700mm.

a little digging online and both this and the record having mixed reviews, some saying the love theirs others saying too much reported faults.

does anyone have either?

what would the rest of you recommend do you think it represents good value at £450? im on a limited budget trying to set up a new workshop

thanks

alex

I don't personally know that saw, but at that price I would jump at it, especially if you can get it delivered, even if it proves not to be what you want, you can re-sell without loss.

Don't wait too long, as now you have posted the advert, some unscrupulous person may gazump you, not a member here of course. :lol:

Mike

Hmmm Aberdeen, 'tis only five mins from me, bargain, unscrupulous .............. had actually already seen this ad, I'd have gone and looked if my shed build had been further along.

Back