Buying advice for lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linelink

Reaction score
I posted this on the Buying advice forum and someone there said it would be better if I posted here for a better response.

A friend wants a lathe and has looked at the scheppach lathe dms1100 with a copier attachment, this bundle comes to about £800.

Are there other lathes out there offering better quality, similar features and better value.

Mornin' Chris.

First has your friend done any turning? Second, why does he want the 'copying attachment'?

The Scheppach machine is just a re-badged lathe with some fancy paintwork. The same machine is available from other importers, for less £'s, and better after care, just a different paint job.

The reason I ask about the copying att. is that £800 would buy quite a good machine, with some change. Also don't forget by the time you fork out for a chuck, and some tools, you won't get much change out of £300.

If the lathe is just for hobby work I suggest he think again about the copying attachment, the saving would be better spent elsewhere. IMHO

Latest posts

Back