Bushing sizes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjmc1957

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All
Hope that you all had a good Christmas,
I've got two posers for you all, and to be honest they are just as stupid as the ones I got from the Christmas crackers, but here goes.

I have a big Walnut blank on the lathe with lots of nice burr :D :D but the area around what will be the foot had a few cracks, so I've filled it with CA and copper powder to match the colours, now I have a per coloured leprosy finger, I should have worn gloves or used a stick but I didn't, problem is I need my finger print on Monday morning for work, so what gets the CA off?

We moved house 3 years ago and I've just re-discovered al my pen turning stuff, but I didn't re-bag the bushings, is there a site some where that I can find which bushings fit which pen, I have a micrometer so measuring's not an issue.

Many Thanks and have a good New Year.

Kevin

try acetone or nail polish remover

try a google for '' sierra* pen assembly pdf '' and you will find instructions which will give you the drill sizes at least for each kit, could lead you in the right direction.
* or whichever kit you suspect they may be.

Hi Nev

Mr Racinowski has an eye for detail!!. Thanks for that

Kevin

PS got the copper/ca mix off, just picked and picked at it, hope the scanner at work picks up whats left off the finger print.

If you don't fancy or haven't got any nail varnish remover or similar - a soak in a nice hot bath will work - soak until your fingers go all wrinkly and you'll find the CA glue will easily peel off. I get the stuff on my fingers regularly (filling cracks in wood) and find this method works for me. I enjoy the nice hot bath as well :)

Back