Burnt Maia Kitchen Worktop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willsie01

Established Member
Reaction score
My son in law put a saucepan straight off the hob onto the kitchen worktop, which is now multi cracked over an area the size of the base. I'm thinking of routing out the damaged area with a Black & Decker KW800 that I got over 30 years ago. What sort of router bit should I use? It has attachments that allow it to route a circle but it doesn't look very capable of doing it accurately. It looks like the tapered rotation centre point will only just touch the workpiece surface, gauged by holding a straight edge on the router base. This could wander. I'm attaching a photo of the setup. Is the a more accurate attachment I can get?
I did think of cutting a circular "plug" out of a leftover length of the worktop but not sure how that would work and what adhesive I could use that would be safe for a kitchen worktop.
An easier option we've thought of is to bond something on top of the worktop, or recessed into it, but while we have found options on American website we haven't found anything here in the U.K., except for a round granite disc in Dunelm, but the edges are a bit ropy. Any ideas welcome.

Attachments

• Router.jpeg
    Router.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 0
Back