Bunnies have never had it so good!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EddieJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Amongst two other jobs that I have been carrying out this week in the workshop, I've also cut out the following project to house rabbits! :D

I knocked the main frame up at the beginning of the week, but still have the rafters and bracing to cut.

one-2.jpg

Today has been spent chilling out in the sun putting the main frame loosely together. I'll level it and fix it on Monday, and then add the bracing etc at the same time. Weather permitting, I should get the roof cut and pitched on Tuesday, and the weather boarding and additional studwork well underway by Wednesday.
The main frame size is 7600mm x 3800mm x 1200mm for the front overhang.

I love working at a tidy site!! :?

two-1.jpg

four-1.jpg

wizer":wsx847dq said:
Rabbits? Seriously?

i think ive lived in smaller - there must be either a hell of a lot of bunnies , or someone owns a wererabbit.

Hi Eddie,

Looks great so far. However, if you twisted your ankle in that rubble you could be off work for a month! Grumble over - I'm currently stuck inside with a trapped nerve in my shoulder which has made me grumpy. Good luck with getting it finished.

Cheers,
C

chris_d":3kmwbdqv said:
Hi Eddie,

Looks great so far. However, if you twisted your ankle in that rubble you could be off work for a month! Grumble over - I'm currently stuck inside with a trapped nerve in my shoulder which has made me grumpy. Good luck with getting it finished.

Cheers,
C

I must admit that I have walked off jobs for less! :( To get around it, I laid out all of youngsmans boards onto the ground and worked from that. :)

The bunnies have nearly got their new home! :)

Just the bracing to finish off, fit the exterior ply to the outside of the framework, then fit the weather boarding, fit the outside rafters and my bit of project is complete*. :)

DSCF8864.jpg

DSCF8865.jpg

* Or it will be if a decision gets made about whether to Velux windows, glass tiles or a window in the gable end.

this isn't a cunning planning wheeze is it - "it's for the rabbits and they are expensive so granny needs to live in with them to provide 24/7 care..."? type thing is it? :)

Remember James Stewart and the film "Harvey"...

I think EddieJ is having one of "those" episodes :lol: :lol:

perhaps the mods could change EddieJ`s name to ElwoodP :wink:

NeilO":1elchtds said:
Remember James Stewart and the film "Harvey"...

I think EddieJ is having one of "those" episodes :lol: :lol:

perhaps the mods could change EddieJ`s name to ElwoodP :wink:

That film was from the 50's!!!!! :shock: I think that you may well have a good few years on me! :lol:

Its not me having one of "those" episodes, I'm just building for someone else. :wink:

Eddie, what a great looking building (rabbits or not!). I've just been day dreaming about turfing out the bunny's and installing my woodworking kit.
What a workshop! Love it.
Cheers,
Jim

So I take it this is a person that breeds rabbits as part of a business ?

Even if this is that case. It still seems completely bonkers to me. Some people have more money than brains.

Your making it for the Rabbits, yeah!

Mr and Mrs Rabbit :wink:

Davon

Nearly there. :)

I now just need to fit the exterior ply followed by weather boarding on the outside, then attach the outside rafters after the cladding, and my part of the job is done. :)

lhfront.jpg

roof.jpg

It has taken longer than it should have, but my part of making the rabbit hutch is finished!! :)

There are still two pairs of English oak stable doors to make, velux windows to fit, and the roof needs to be tiled, but all of those jobs are being carried out by other contractors.

It would have been nice to have seen some windows fitted in the front as well, but hey!

one-4.jpg

two-3.jpg

Eddie,

did you design this? Thing is..........the brackets ("knees" up our way) look too small for the overhang. This is only a aesthetic comment, not a structural one.....I realise that they are plenty strong enough. Oh, and I do like to see a flush verge on outbuildings.........

Sorry..........that sounds picky!

Mike

Back