Bullet Pen

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Took a break from all of the other bits I am doing.

Got around to making a bullet pen from one of the cartridges I brought at a military show and one of the camo blanks I cast I selected the one with quite a bit of white but when turned that nearly all disappeared and it came out mainly brown.
I had some copper tubing which was very close fit to the larger end and again near enough to take the brass tube so a quick drill down the centre and turned the outer down to fit the cartridge everything ended up on centre.

DSCF6523%202_zps2enwqkui.jpg

That's a neat looking and not over fussy looking assembly Derek, Personally think the blank suits it, too much decoration would have detracted from the clean lines IMO.

Must remember to try to acquire some rifle shells next time I'm over in Germany *, my son loads all his own munitions other than the .22's, after a while his .45's, .375's .38's and .303's get too stressed to reload but they are in the main too small for useful incorporation but I am certain that there are some larger calibre shells in the recycle bin at the Arbensburg range that folks don't bother to reload.

It's another of those obscure hobby satisfaction things that most folks don't understand, selecting the powder specification, and grain load to match a specific competition firearm, and yes each firearm no matter how well tuned has its own profile, and walking up to the target frame to see you have nothing lower than a 7 or 8 on the target.

I still can't believe that even shooting only once or twice a year I can usually keep it in the black with a .375 magnum loaded with .38 wad cutters at 25 mtrs.

* customs have a field day when they spot used cases in your hand luggage.

Edit:- Sorry for the off topic ramble, the dry port that got opened tonight was too inviting.

Thank you Chas. For pens they need to be able to match the nib section.

CHJ":stjgto7i said:
Edit:- Sorry for the off topic ramble, the dry port that got opened tonight was too inviting.

Well it does help keep the dust at bay :wink: :lol:

Back