Bostitch 16 ga nailer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George_N

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just bought one of these second hand (Ebay) and perhaps a bit late, I have found out that these nailers use 25 degree nail strips. I've had a bit of a look on the web (Screwfix, Axminster etc) and there don't appear to be a lot of 25 degree nails out there. I don't need big quantities, packs of 2000 would probably last me ages so does anyone know of a good source for these, either in the Edinburgh area or more likely, mail order?

Hi George,

Do you know what the actual model number is?

Also, have you tried Machine Mart or Screwfix. It's likely to be special order, but they may be able to help.

Martyn

Hi Rattie,
I don't actually have it in my hands yet but but it was advertised as a "Stanley Bostitch N50". This is clearly a discontinued model but it looks like the nails that will fit are the "FN1600 series". I couldn't find anything on the Screwfix ot Tooled-UP sites...They mostly have Dewalt nails, which are 20 degrees, as far as I can tell. I'll have a look at the Machine Mart site...they have a store in Edinburgh, close to where my sister lives.

You can buy nails direct from Bostich. Check out their website for the customer service number - they are very helpful.

Cheers

Karl

Thanks Karl,
I had a look at their site and they do have the nails listed but it wasn't obvious to me how to buy them. I'm so used to buying stuff online that I forget about picking up the phone and calling them to place an order.

Just to add to this thread...I called Bostitch and the girl on customer services didn't even recognise the model No. of the nailer. They can supply nails direct but they have a minimum order of £300 :shock: However, she was able to give me the name and phone No. of a retailer in Perth (55 miles away) who stocks suitable nails. So much for my Ebay bargain...caveat emptor.

Latest posts

Back