Bosch GSR3.6Vli screwdriver - any thoughts?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vormulac

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I see that Screwfix are currently selling the little blue Bosch GSR screwdriver for about £35, does anyone have one of these and care to comment? Most of the comments on the website are actually pretty negative which I was surprised to see given the regard in which blue Bosch gear is generally held.
I do currently have a very cheap (Challenge Xtreme from Argos!) 3.6v driver which is actually really good for light duty and fixing furniture and stuff when the need arises, but it does run out of puff quite quickly, the problem is I have never been able to find any technical specs on the thing and so have no idea what torque it delivers, so precisely how it compares to the Bosch I haven't a clue.

What say you, chaps?

As no one else has posted, Ill be the one to get shot down in flames.

I looked at that too and my opion is at £35 it's only a little more than the DIY green one. It's has two batteries instead of an on board battery. It's li-ion so should hold charge between jobs and at that money worth a punt for smaller jobs.

Thanks for your thoughts, Gary, I was wondering what I'd said to offend people - never known a thread so quiet! :lol:
I wonder what alternatives people use for around the same size/cost? I'm guessing no-one here actually has one of these otherwise they would have commented.

I saw that too, and had pondered on buying one. Didn't bother as I have the 10.8v driver so don't really need the 3.6v as well. But at £35 it seems a bit of a steal - 2 x 1.3ah li-ion batteries.

Doubt it'l have much torque, but for smaller jobs it'll be perfect.

Cheers

Karl

Apparently it has 7Nm of torque... and I have absolutely no idea how that stacks up to the little cheapy one I have at the moment! I suppose if I had a torque wrench I could hook it up to the cheapy one and see what deflection I get.

But I haven't. :(

Not really going anywhere, this, is it? :lol:

I bought a little cheapy from Lidl in France. Cost about €29. It works OK, but lacks torque (put a flatpack together, ran out of puff putting a 30mm screw into a Rawlplug). Would the Bosch be seriously better, as having something smaller than a cordless felt right?

Does anyone know the difference between the Metabo PowerMaxx Li-ion and the Metabo PowerMaxx Li-ion MKII? They're the same price and the same spec (although the Metabo PowerMaxx Li-ion comes with the right angle attachment).

Back