bosch 125-150 GEX AVE Sander review

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flanajb

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I recently decided to replace my pathetic £40 Erbauer random orbital sander and was undecided what to go for. After much deliberation, I decided to shell out for a Bosch Professional model and went for a Bosch 125-150 GEX AVE Sander. All I can say is "WOW". This is an awesome sander and really does do as it is supposed too. The vibration of the unit is really low and it can be used for coarse sanding right through to fine.

In fact I have used with both 80 grit and 1200 grit, and it performs without issue. The supplied dust extraction cartridge is pretty good, but I always connect sander to my Numatic extraction unit so that I can avoid as much fine dust as possible.

So if you are considering a random orbital sander and have a budget of ~ £200, you won't go wrong with one of these.

The old adage of "You get what you pay for" certainly holds true!

i looked at this one, but went for the metabo in the end. i couldnt find a bad review on either, so went for the cheaper of the two. again, very impressed.

Back