Black & Decker advice please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leethesign

Reaction score
Mornin' all,

Being of advanced age - and probably experiencing the onset of senility - I've decided to start some woodworking
as a hobby and a bit of escape from the real world (and her indoors!).

I've been looking for second hand tools and came across a Bleck & Dooper router - a toy I've always wanted - but
the problem is I'm not sure how to use it properly. I contacted said B & D and they told me it that model hadn't been made for
over 20 years and they didn't have a manual for it. It''s hard to believe that my purchase is that old, 'cause it's in virtually
perfect nick, and works well (I think). It's even got the original box!

Anyroad, does anyone out there know where I can download a manual for this - it's a B & D SR 100 Router. I'd be most grateful for any
info that can be offered.

Thanks and good day to all...

Lee

I'm not sure about this particular model, Lee, but broadly speaking, routers are all essentially the same: so if you can't find the specific manual, you'll get enough info. elsewhere. The basic features - plunge, fence, depth stops, spindle locks &c &c. &c. are universal, therefore, most of the information on how to use them is fairly generic. There are plenty of books on routing, which will give you almost everything you need to know.
Good luck!

Lee

Welcome to the forum. You could have a look on here http://www.wealdentool.eu/quick_tips.html or on youtube

You may get lucky with a manual, but in all probability it wont contain much useful information. Routers are all pretty similar in how they operate though.

Hope that helps
Mark

Back