Bit of a change?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul.J

Established Member
Reaction score
Got fed up of this bowl,which was my first bowl turning attempt since leaving school,so changed it.
Reasons,
It looked too heavy/bulky on the bottom half.
Didn't like the shape any more.
Didn't like the finish,beeswax.
What do you think :?:

From this-

To this

Click on image.

Paul.J.

Steady there Paul, don't let swimbo know you have been studying curves, shape and form in that much detail else enquiries might be made as to source examples and the pocket money may suffer :lol:

Thanks Tam/Chas/Dave.
Chas wrote
Steady there Paul, don't let swimbo know you have been studying curves, shape and form in that much detail

Chas i have always said the curves have gotta be in the right place,just a pity it's took me this long to find out :wink: :shock:
Gulp- there goes me pocket money :(
Paul.J.

Yes,definitely a nicer,better-balanced piece.
Did you change the finish as well ? The colour looks different on the Mk.II version.

Andrew

I've kept my first turning so that I can look back and (hopefully) see how I have improved. That reminds me. I have a lamp in mahogany and oak somewhere that I made at school ** years ago. I must dig it out and have a look at it.

It is definitely an improvent though, what finish did you use?

Pete

Thanks Andrew/Pete.
Powertool wrote
Did you change the finish as well ? The colour looks different on the Mk.II version.
No Andrew colour is the same just the photo,the finish is Sanding sealer and wax.
Paul.J.

Back