Bikes.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fair comment Shane, and as me and my son have noted in the past if everybody could do what I did, and my son now does, we would be out of business.
But some of the pics that have been shown on this forum, remember the brake disk? make you wonder some times.

Roy.

newt":1vrnhv7m said:
I use an car forum and you would be surprised at the number of folk that can not or will not check oil level using the dip stick. One guy said when the low oil light came on I continued up the motorway, then called out the AA did not have any oil and would not know where to put it if I had some. They should design cars not to use oil. :twisted:

Mine doesn;t have a dipstick :?:
Spent ages looking for it 'till I read the handbook to find it measures electronically and I can find the level at the touch of a button on the cars' computer.

Over the last 4 years (2 cars), I've never needed to add oil. they just don't seem to use it between servicing at 2 year intervals.

Say what you like about the Germans - they make decent cars :)

My childhood was spent helping my old man to change engines, gearboxes and everything else on his cars but you can't work on modern motors, you just change modules.
Days are gone when you could buy a small part and rebuild a component, it's chuck it away now and even the "mechanics"don't know how to do it. :?

Bob

I'm a moderator on a reasonable sized bike forum, and some people really should have there tools taken away. Someone asked if it was possible to take brake discs off without removing the front wheel, and also asked if raising the rear suspension would increase the distance between the seat and footpegs :lol:

You've probably already seen the forums where the guy put nos energy drink in his gixer, and the other dude that wondered why his bike wouldn't work after drilling a hole through his ecu...

Which forum's that Shane?
I've made more stupid mistakes then I'd care to own up to but dealing with other people's have been fun.
One that really stumped me was on a bike with spoked wheels and inner tubes. The bike simply didn't handle properly, the handle bars waggled everywhere and braking was weird as well.
Head races? No!
No oil in one or both forks? No!
Warped front wheel? No!
Dodgy spokes? No!
Warped discs? No!
Caliper problems? No!
Duff or badly fitted tyre? No!
After checking all that I was getting ready to hand in my club tie! I can't now remember what led my to the answer but I'll hazard a guess it will never be repeated. Some **** had replaced the inner tube and had managed to install it looking like a string of sausages!

Roy.

At the start of the summer I set up a small workshop to start practising and relearning my woodworking skills. Within only a few weeks I had to move a Honda cb250rs that I am attempting to rebuild into the new workshop, as the bikes previous home is due for demolition. So no woodwork in the new shed, because I learnt long ago that sawdust and motorbikes don't mix.

G

Nice lightweight G, but they go better with a 500 engine in 'em. :D

Roy.

Latest posts

Back