Bigger lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigbud78

Established Member
Reaction score
I know I jokingly posted about wanting a bigger lathe but know I am thinking about a bigger lathe :mrgreen:

I'm looking at used at the moment and have £500-600 max to spend, could anyone make some suggestions on what might fit the bill ? Ive been looking at graduates but prices varies wildly and I don't know enough about them other than 3 phase is best with an inverter, also seen a couple of poolewoods down south that picked my interest at around 600 but its a bit far to travel although if there good I might make the trip.

Other ones I've been looking at are the CL3/4, assume id be better off going straight for the CL4 ? but I really prefer the looks of the older machines.

I dont mind having to restore something as I'm not in a huge rush as I have my little cub thats great for the little stuffs, I just have the bug and Know I want a lathe for life soon ish :lol:

It's true you know - once you've got a variable speed lathe you'll wonder how you ever managed without!

I have CL3 with aftermarket variable speed and totally agree with the previous poster that's the way to go. The only draw back with the CL is the 1MT fittings. If your existing lathe is 1MT then it is less of an issue.

I have a CL4 that I will be putting up for sale shortly. Haven't got round to it as I've been threatening this since May!! It's still under warranty and in perfect working order with the separate bowl attachment and stand. PM me if you're interested. I am a fair old way from MCR mind :)

yorkshirepudding":1oaok4lk said:
I have CL3 with aftermarket variable speed and totally agree with the previous poster that's the way to go. The only draw back with the CL is the 1MT fittings. If your existing lathe is 1MT then it is less of an issue.
What does the upgrade cost if you don't mind me asking?

Latest posts

Back