Big Brother can now spy on our phone records

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi all

I was amazed to have this article pointed out to me. (You'll need to scroll up)

I don't have a problem with the Police/MI5/MI6 being able to access our records, but the same powers are being handed out to the tax authorities, 475 local councils, and a host of other organisations, including the Food Standards Agency, the Department of Health, the Immigration Service, the Gaming Board and the Charity Commission. One has to ask why all of these agencies need this power?

Quote, "It puts into UK law a European Directive aimed at the 'investigation, detection and prosecution of serious crime'. But the British law allows the information to be used much more widely to combat all crimes, however minor."

IMHO, it still won't bother the criminals as they will continue to use their PAYG mobiles.

Quote, "By 2009 the Government plans to extend the rules to cover internet use: the websites we have visited, the people we have emailed and phone calls made over the net."

Cheers,
Neil

Colin C":2dz9f5bt said:
:shock: :shock:

It has to stop some where
Why?

We live in a state that doesn't trust its subjects.

Gill

Hmmmm, funny how most of the subjects don't trust the politicians either, but nothing ever seems to change........ Somebody start a Freedom Party.

Hi Nick

As you say, nothing changes no matter which party is in government. The older I get, the more convinced I am that the government isn't running the show. Unfortunately, it's difficult to identify who is. I've got my own thoughts but I've been accused before of being too prone to conspiracy theories ;) .

Gill

One of my favourite signatures is: -

"Just because I can't hear the voices, it doesn't mean they aren't after me". :lol:

Cheers,
Neil

This is disgraceful - I thought the days of the police state ended when the Berlin Wall came down, but apparently not.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Carter":2c1jpq60 said:
Hi all

Quote, "By 2009 the Government plans to extend the rules to cover internet use: the websites we have visited, the people we have emailed and phone calls made over the net."

Cheers,
Neil

Maybe they are trying to find out why Jacob was banned :wink:

NickWelford":31rxdtmz said:
Somebody start a Freedom Party.

't wouldn't work. You start a 'Freedom Party' and campaign at the next election (whether that be next month or next year) with a manifesto commitment to get rid of phone tapping / cctv / id cards / speed camera etc. The next Daily Mail headline wold be 'Freedom Party to make it easy for muggers / terrorists / paedophiles...'

Andrew

Back