Best presever / treatment for decking and garden woody bits.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swb58

Established Member
Reaction score
A good friend of mine, a lady of a certain age, is planning a fund raising event at her home for an Altzheimer's charity, a disease which contributed to her husband's death 5 years ago.
I'd like to be able to recommend a treatment for me to use on the decking, a few fence panels and driveway gates that are overdue some attention.
She won't mind quite expensive if it's good value in the long run.

I had a quick look around Homebase yesterday and got totally confused so can anyone help my decision making? I'd thought about the BLO route but don't know if it's the right time for me to be experimenting.

Any help much appreciated, thanks.

What colour are they now/does she want? I use Ronseal fence paint which lasts a couple of years between coats, water based and easy to brush on. For gates, Rustins water based varnish. No idea about decking though.

Thanks for that. Everything is fairly washed out and bare looking now so looking for something with a bit of colour but not too dark.

Have a go of this stuff. It appears expensive at first but works out quite good value when you consider the protection it gives and how easy it is to spray with one of those hand pump sprayers.

I put two heavy coats on my fence panels 2 years ago and it is still as good as when I applied it. Don't get it on your hands though, takes forever to get it off!

https://www.wood-finishes-direct.com/pr ... eservative

Lots of colours available and the customer service from WFD was second to none. I've got no affiliation with them other than being a very satisfied customer.

mbartlett99":lgr3e92u said:
Sikkens Cetol 7 - 6 years on my workshop (south facing) without fading with three coats.
Yes Sikkens make the longest lasting outdoor finishes I have used.

Latest posts

Back