Bedroom cabinet. My first ever WIP

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superunknown

Established Member
Reaction score
I have not posted any projects in a long time, so thought I would share this with everybody. I have been building an extension to my house and this is one of the new rooms, a bedroom for one of my daughters.

The project is all from MDF and sprayed with white eggshell.

The photos are not to great, they are from my phone.

This is the area created for the cabinet, just the stud work ready for the plasterboard and plastering. This part of the new extension is where the old garage was and the idea for the cabinet was to hide the electricity meters etc and give wardrobe and storage space.

cfd38b3b-8dc6-4f92-86cb-d44ae74e58e6.jpg

Here we are all plastered. I have done small bits of plastering in the past but this year I plastered the whole new extension including the ceilings and I have to say it was a killer!

e96d427a-ff46-4e09-8f0e-1ac3ad2d66e1.jpg

The front frame all made and fitted for size.

3846296456_c8e5c06f4b.jpg

The carcass for the frame.

3846277604_d8e52747b4.jpg

The front frame sprayed and fitted and the top doors being checked for size.

3984611746_b86981f546.jpg

All done and ready to be fitted into place.

3983844181_03ee58beb3.jpg
3983834254_a3744b56ea.jpg

Before I got the cabinet fitted the electrics were all tidied up, a new consumer unit fitted and everything tested to keep that pesky building inspector happy.

This is the finished job (less a few coats of paint still)

ecb5394a-3272-45b1-be19-9c78ee54a637.jpg

Unfortunately I didn't think to take pictures of me making this in my workshop, but I'm sure you guys know how its all done ;)

I am also working on a new shower room with cherry cabinets, I will try and get some photos of that as I work on it with better WIP pics to share.

Thank for looking, have a good day all :)

Good piece of work...will those drawers clear the rad when they're open? Looks like it might be a bit tight - Rob

That looks very tidy, well done. :)

Don't worry about the photos. It is your first WIP, after all and some photos are better than none! :wink:

Bring on the next project! You must have some space in your workshop if you can rip sheets of MDF this long?

OPJ":2bsuu85x said:
Bring on the next project! You must have some space in your workshop if you can rip sheets of MDF this long?
Not necessarily - sawhorse, a patio and a saw/guiderail can be your friend! :wink:

When I built my first double wardrobe, my 'workshop' was about 6' x 7'. I produced a double bed and a kitchen out of that tight space, too, although admitedly I had space in the house for assembly. Of course, use of the patio is weather-dependant...

cheers
Dave

OPJ":3m539103 said:
You must have some space in your workshop if you can rip sheets of MDF this long?

Well unfortunately I can't quite get and 8x4 sheet in my home workshop and on my saw, but I work as a cabinet maker so I am lucky to be able to use the facilities there.

I do also cut larger stuff up outside and my garden was the spray booth on this project.

Thank you for the kind comments :)

Latest posts

Back