Bangle dimensions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wabbitpoo

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone know a typical set of dimensions for a ladies' bangle? I am sure there was an article in the mag a while back but I can't find it. TIA

wabbitpoo":d93z2178 said:
Anyone know a typical set of dimensions for a ladies' bangle? I am sure there was an article in the mag a while back but I can't find it. TIA
You will find that when you produce some there is no such thing, the ones I make and are currently working on vary in bore diameter between 65 and 90mm, best bet is to get intended recipient to go try some on in accessories store and check the diameter or make yourself a set of sizing rings for people to try on.

It's not unusual to have someone choose larger diameter to fit over sleeves etc, with a tight wrist fit (narrower) one nearer the hand to stop the others coming off.

wabbitpoo":1oe3wuqt said:

It is about 65 mm. The smallest one I made was 56 mm, the biggest - 68 mm.

Regards,

Alexander

petercharlesfagg (UK)":1nk9cd6s said:
I made several and kept the internal diameter to 70 cm. which appeared to meet the requirements of most of the ladies.

Regards, Peter.

Either you know some large ladies, or you meant 70mm.... :shock:

wabbitpoo":2hkphrlx said:
petercharlesfagg (UK)":2hkphrlx said:
I made several and kept the internal diameter to 70 cm. which appeared to meet the requirements of most of the ladies.

Regards, Peter.

Either you know some large ladies, or you meant 70mm.... :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pete

Most commercially sold bangles (eg John Lewis, Co-op, Monsoon, Next) are 65mm, most Caucasian hand/wrists will range from about 62mm to about 70mm, many Asian hands/wrists will range from about 52mm to about 62mm.

There will of course always be exceptions to prove rules!

greybeard":2uli3ljn said:
There will of course always be exceptions to prove rules!

Last weekend in the market there were a lot of people walking around who looked as though they would have been quite happy with Peters 70cm version. Most of them eating buns full of fried onion, bacon, egg and heaven knows what else.

pete

Back