Bandsaw Mill

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonB

Established Member
Reaction score
Some of you may have seen the Photo of a large bandsaw blade I posted in another thread, if so you may be interested in the rest of the photos of the sawmill in question.

Scrit, please do not look at the guards (obviously removed for photographic purposes :!: ) unless you are sitting down with a large vallium in your hand :lol:

http://www.garymkatz.com/OnTheRoad/HullOaks.htm

Jason

That's some place, Jason - scary or what :shock: :shock: I particularly like the picture of the saw filer sitting with his legs stretched out under the blade while it is being sharpened :shock: :shock: Does he still have legs I wonder :?

Paul

jasonB":2ip9lz05 said:
Scrit, please do not look at the guards (obviously removed for photographic purposes :!: ) unless you are sitting down with a large vallium in your hand :lol:
I've seen a mill at Eureka in California using big old bandsaws like that, sans guards, albeit electric driven. The technique for dealing with warped boards gives me the willies, especially when you realise that winter is the best sawing time (sap has dropped and frozen logs apparently "self-lubricate") and these big sheds they work in are freezing cold for half the year. The guards wher I had a look see apparently only go on when the OSHA (US version of HSE) man comes to call :roll: Those saws are certainly a bit bigger than one colleagues Forrestor 900 - that can only manage 3 ft under the guides! Interesting to see another rarity, the pendulum saw (described as a crosscut).

Scrit

Latest posts

Back