Axminster Hobby Series AWHBS350N Bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerP

Established Member
Reaction score
Someone was enquiring about this a little while ago.

So just a heads-up that the Axminster Hobby Series AWHBS350N Bandsaw is £70 off until the end of the month.

yeah i was looking at this, shame its out of stock as i would have jumped on it.

currently trying to find out more about the fox f28-191-bandsaw to see if its worth buying.

I thought these bandsaws had a really bad review, something about the tables aren't level and the fence being very poor quality? Remember the reviews on there own website, there was quite alot of them. Id go for a recordpower instead personally.

HeliGav":1n6q8xgz said:
I thought these bandsaws had a really bad review, something about the tables aren't level and the fence being very poor quality? Remember the reviews on there own website, there was quite alot of them. Id go for a recordpower instead personally.

well i have no idea, thats what i been trying to work out looking at all the reviews & searching forums, its a very mixed bag 50/50 on good & bad i would say....everytime i settle on one, i then read a horror story..

I'm now looking at other machines, i will check the record power one out as i had not looked at them yet.

HeliGav":n54hlzgc said:
Well I've had mine for quite a while - no problems at all. I've made one or two "improvements" along the way but nothing fundamental.

Frankly all these machines are much the same as they're made up from the same far-eastern bits. Even Record aren't the company they were years ago. They just import stuff from the far east, same as most others in the business, rebadged and painted in their colours. But you do get a 5 year warranty :)

Just brought the 250 one whilst on offer, i am really pleased with it so far and that's before i treat myself to Steve's DVD :)

I did have to alter the belt from the motor as the speed was too slow but luckily i had just been reading about that issue on this forum, so all sorted.

I like the fence on it and i have measured it with a vernier calliper and it was bob on ,perfect for me :)

bernienufc":3p1wosf5 said:
Just brought the 250 one whilst on offer, i am really pleased with it so far and that's before i treat myself to Steve's DVD :)

I did have to alter the belt from the motor as the speed was too slow but luckily i had just been reading about that issue on this forum, so all sorted.

I like the fence on it and i have measured it with a vernier calliper and it was bob on ,perfect for me :)

Thats good to hear, i literally just ordered it, i was hoping for the size up & tempted by the fox version (but the aluminium pressed table put me off & the price seemed too good to be true) but once i add steve's DVD & a selection of Tuff blades i was stretching my budget way out, with the axy price increase coming & space going to be tight in my workshop i just took a gamble on the 250 figuring its very affordable right now & it will be a worthy re introduction to band saws, its been 13 years since i used one.

I know its an old thread but just wondering if anyone can advise me as to what could be wrong with the starter switch on the AxHBS350 that i purchased a year ago or maybe just over a year. When i push to start it runs for a few seconds but stops again so I am guessing the switch has gone faulty. is there a fix or where would i get a replacement. I live in Ireland so its not just a matter of going in to Axminster and picking one up. Is this a common problem with this model ?
Thanks Guys
Rusty

Back