Axminster drill press table ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dalboy":2kinyu9w said:
try [/url]www.rutlands.co.uk and search for t track

... and then add the shipping to the continent :( Although having said that, it is even more expensive to ship from Germany to Belgium than it is from the UK to Belgium or, insanely, Germany to the UK (last time I checked, Belgium was between the UK and Germany).

The Dakota clamp/guide systems Rutlands sell look useful and I've already toyed with the idea of just using them clamped onto a board bolted to the drill press metal table.

Andrew

Andrew

I have one, but have only had it a few weeks and the day job has kept me out of the workshop since. I have drilled six holes using it! However it seems good, solidly built and working OK. I have not fitted the measuring strips as I fail to see the point given that the fences slide left and right as well as back and forward. I took the view that by the time you get the track, bolts, bristol levers and MDF there would be little change from 45 quid so why bother. you can always add specific jigs to it. It probably lacks a fine adjuster for forward and backwards but I will make something in due course.

I've had one for a while. Not had extensive use but reasonably happy. Dust extraction is OK. Main problem is that on my Record DB58B, there is not much clearance with the dust extraction, this means the rear fence is pretty close to the drill bit. All of the features are fine though.

I went for it for the same reason as PAC1, for the price you get a fair bit and a self build would only have saved a small amount.

Marks out of 10, I would have to say 7.

Andrew

If you go down the self build route. Have a look at the article by Steve Maskery in the last British Woodworking.

Back