Axminster and Brimarc in the Warwickshire

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

floorman

Established Member
Reaction score
Got a card to day telling me about sids shed in leamington spa .
tools and machinery at discount prices from axminster power tools.
will go down tomorrow and have a look

Hey Floorman,

I work in Rugby, could you tell me exactly what this place is and where to find it?

Thanks in advance.

Joiner Sim, I think I may be in the market for selling me P/T soon. Its the non-cast iron job from Axminster only 5 months old. I'd be happy for £300 for it if your intrested. Can sort out postage to you.

Chems,

Just out of interest why are getting rid of the axminster P/T

harry

Chems, I'm looking more towards a very small and cheap bench top one. Due to three factors, firstly, I don't really have the money to go and buy an expensive one, secondly, the more expensive, the more worried I'm going to become about the security of my shed workshop and thirdly, I don't really have the space in the shed to do too much P/T work.

I'm really only thinking about one of those for about £100. Even if it is just a surface planer.

Thankyou for the offer though :wink:

I love the machine, I think its fantastic specially for the money. But I have the space and want separates now.

Didn't see your post there Sim.

I'd go for this one on ebay item no: 330289797455

Contact the seller and ask if he/she minds you arranging for parcel force to pick up it up from you. Normally people don't mind this at all ask him to chuck it in a bin bag if needs be it will be fine!

Chems":byp323yn said:
I'd go for this one on ebay item no: 330289797455

Contact the seller and ask if he/she minds you arranging for parcel force to pick up it up from you. Normally people don't mind this at all ask him to chuck it in a bin bag if needs be it will be fine!

It could probably stay in the bin bag too! :lol:

Could be just the plug! Didnt read all the way through, I just meant that model second hand really.

The address is Brimarc tools & machinery
unit 20a ,Harriott Drive,
Heathcote Industrial Estate,
Warwick, cv34 6 tj

WWW.sidsshed.co.uk
You have to ring to make an appointment on 0800 294 3366

I,m book to go on friday , will let you know whot it is like

Chems":342qvwah said:
Yes I'd love to know, not far from me sounds like a real aladins cave!
Ayel ! yer right Chem , the magic lamps should be worth a look too !

joiner_sim":1uipxdpu said:
Chems, I'm looking more towards a very small and cheap bench top one. Due to three factors, firstly, I don't really have the money to go and buy an expensive one, secondly, the more expensive, the more worried I'm going to become about the security of my shed workshop and thirdly, I don't really have the space in the shed to do too much P/T work. I'm really only thinking about one of those for about £100. Even if it is just a surface planer.

This is interesting. I'm just about to take the same approach in the shed I've set up for micro-woodworking, because of security and because I want to see how much woodwork I can do in a 6x8ft shed. Has anyone used a small surface planer as a rough thicknesser, to do the donkey work before finishing by hand (or the other way round?)?

Cheers

Nick

Do you mean a hand held planer as a jointer? You'd have more flexibility to get a benchtop thicknesser and make a surfacing jig for it.

No, I was really thinking of 'jointer' (to use the American phrase). I'm not sure you can actually buy small, benchtop versions of these, and I think I'll be better off with the old Woodster p-t I've had for years, but stored when I got a larger model.

Nick

I forget the maker's name but there used to be a variety of surface planer (jointer) which had a fixture that could be installed above the cutter head at heights set by the user and which thereby turned the planer into a thicknessing unit. IIRC the user had to push the work through himself rather than having a power feed like most thicknessers

Back