axi sale

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
beech1948":14j90z8y said:
We have Amazon, Costa Coffee etc etc all dodging UK taxes with exceptional profits.

Don't dis the wrong company, Costa DO report a UK profit and pay tax on it, it was Starbucks that hadn't paid a bean for years, until they 'volunteered to pay a bit this year.

The deal with big companies avoiding tax is that they position teir HQ in a different tax friendly country and set up Uk Ltd Co to operate the business. The UK company is treated as a cost centre and all revenue is paid directly to the non-UK Co. Thus UK Starbuck always makes a loss since the non-UK Co. is always sending money to pay the bills. Ther UK Ltd making a loss pays no tax of any kind.

Al

beech1948":2lpmmada said:
We have Amazon, Costa Coffee etc etc all dodging UK taxes with exceptional profits.

Erm, not Costa. Their HQ is near Chelsea Bridge. They are fully registered in the UK and pay their full share of tax.

The display at nuneaton was not generating anywhere near enough sales to justify the amount of retail space it occupied
axminster just sold about 5 pallets of festool gear from their ebay site.

woodwoodjohn":20afmdt6 said:
has anybody heard about a possible axminster sale in January I pretty sure they had one last year :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Email today states the clearance sale starts tomorrow. No indication of savings though.

They've had a "Clearance sale" section on their web site every since I first visited it years ago!
I think they just make a big deal of adding new items.

Even with reductions, they're still way over the mark on all of the Makita Li-Ion stuff and most of the Metabo, Milwaukee and Bosch tools :roll:

MMUK":3qubnact said:
Even with reductions, they're still way over the mark on all of the Makita Li-Ion stuff and most of the Metabo, Milwaukee and Bosch tools :roll:

They're not actually. I bought a belt sander recently. Axminster were competitive with everyone else when shipping costs were included. I doubt they price match on everything, but I've had no nasty surprises.

If you want a real rip off, Maplin Electronics' component prices are truly mind-boggling.

Never mind resistors and capacitors, I wanted some F-connector barrels this week. That's the threaded 'socket' for satellite/tv aerials, the barrel being a threaded adaptor with a 'socket' on each end.

Maplin sell singly, and their price was £2.09 each, whereas Screwfix (normally not cheap either), was £4.26 for a packet of ten. To save head scratching, Maplin are very nearly five times more expensive, and many of their other electronic adaptors are similar.

E.

I've had a look at the site and can't see any christmas sale.
All they have is the usual clearance sale of which a lot of items are out of stock.

The Rutland sale looks interesting though.
Anyone else having a sale?

From what I could see of the Rutland sale it was the same stuff they have in cyclical special offers.

On their Facebook page the sale is only at their Basingstoke branch today with 10% off purchases in store.
Nothing more on their main web site.

Hi all what what where is ITS ?
Is it a tool shop I have never heard of it, as I do have a bit of a obsession with visiting tool shops lol

Latest posts

Back