AWGB Seminer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul1020

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever been to awgb seminer has new to turning and thinking of going but its a lot of money and wondered if its worth the layout .
Paul

I found it very inspiring & came away buzzing with ideas, it's great to be surrounded by like minded folks & the gallery is an excellent opportunity to able to view what hundreds of folks are turning in their workshops.
I enjoyed a very laid back weekend with lovely food & plenty of coffee/ tea breaks in between demos, the only things that could have been better was the accommodation which was basic ( no wonder students drink so much, I'd have to if I thought I'd got to sleep in those rooms every night) & the directions to that accommodation could have been better. That said I was going for the turning not for a hotel break & the place isn't huge so once I'd got my bearings I was fine, plus everyone was very helpful when asked for advice.

It will be interesting what you think of the accommodation Graham, I had an en-suite room last time.

I've been going for the last ten years or so (the last one was as part of the organising team). Each seminar has been worthwhile because it's an opportunity to see some of the best turners from around the world; a gallery of delegates and presenters work; plenty of like minded individuals to discuss turning with and also an opportunity to talk to the traders and do some shopping too!

In my opinion, worth every penny and if I wasn't helping organise again, I would definitely be on the list of delegates.

Back