Auto switching of tool extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackal

Wallybois Woodworking on YouTube
Reaction score
Hiya

After much anticipation on the festool sanders I have just ordered a Metabo ets 450 but need to extract the dust effeciently. I already have a good nilfisk vac but it has no switching circuit for a power tool. My question is it possible to make one or is there a option to buy a suitable unit? I have looked at the Axminster option but feel it is a bit pricey.

Maybe there is a circuit diagram or a unit which could be adapted.

Any ideas guy andb gals?

j

Oh my god such an simple solution, time to start searching for one on fleabay ect

Thank you so much

merci

My master plug has now stopped working. So I think I need a better solution, is there any good circuits that I could use? The of the peg units are out of my price range.

any ideas or pointers appreciated

Can you not just take the masterplug one apart and copy that with better wiring/ parts etc. ? :)

That Kemo unit seems perfect, thanks RogerS. I will ordering one of them.

Be aware though I did a search for the specs on the unit and the 16A is combined, i.e. the sum total of amps used by the tool AND the extractor.

I've no doubt I could build something to your spec but I'd have to work out costs. First thought is that it would involve using a current coil to detect draw on the primary socket in order to switch the slaves on. I'll have a look into the easiest (and cheapest) way of doing it without silly little disposible circuit boards.

MMUK":24xodfwu said:
I've no doubt I could build something to your spec but I'd have to work out costs. First thought is that it would involve using a current coil to detect draw on the primary socket in order to switch the slaves on. I'll have a look into the easiest (and cheapest) way of doing it without silly little disposible circuit boards.
Sounds interesting keep us informed :wink:

Doug B":3a6k55qj said:
RogerS":3a6k55qj said:
Why not get one of these ?

http://www.amazon.de/M103N-Master-Slave ... B004AVIHKK

Less than 23 euros and rated at 16 amps

Have you used one of these Roger?

I'm fed up with the remote controlled sockets packing up even though they are correctly rated, so this might be the answer for me but I'd like to know how reliable it is.

I have one but never used it as I found the Maplin remote controls were Ready-To-Go.

jackal":k59qbvzl said:
MMUK":k59qbvzl said:
Sounds interesting keep us informed :wink:

I got a circuit drawn up, I'm now waiting for parts prices :) Once I have some spare cash I'll build a prototype for someone to test out :)

Back