Arundel lathe on offer - FREE for collection

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TobyB

Established Member
Reaction score
This was a message I posted a few days back with the title "Arundel lathe on offer". I realise perhaps this was understated ... hence the addition of the three words to the new title ...

Cheers

Toby

----------------------------------
Hi

I've an Arundel Junior lathe - that was my Grandfathers, and I learnt to turn on when I "inherited" it. When its motor died, I treated myself to a bigger and newer toy that would allow me to do the decent-sized bowls that I aspired too. But it was good for spindle work (stools, lamps, etc) and I learned a lot ... except it kidded me that since making small bowls and hollowed forms wasn't hard, that bigger bowls weren't that hard either ... YES ... I have learned the hard way that that's not true! (and even more so about hollow forms)

I need to move house rather suddenly. Had kept this, thinking I might refurbish it and enthuse a niece, nephew, or friends kids into trying it, and pass on something of the fun I've had with it ... but it hasn't happened ... and isn't likely too realistically. And I don't think I'll have the space to keep it "just in case" ...

If anyone would like it as a starter for themselves, or a project for kids they know, a school/community/etc scheme ... you can have it.

It needs a new motor, probably a new drive belt, and a bit of refurbishment ... not pretending this is an instant start-up bit of kit ... but it's not a rusting bit of scrap either ... it has a sanding disc and other accessories, and I did get a custom-made insert for a SuperNova chuck (it had some archaic (BGS ?) thread) which I think is with it, and massively improved my work from a screw plate or a screw-chuck, or the drive centres I had acquired ...

I have a few pictures I can forward if useful ...

It's free to collect from Leeds if you want it. If you think I should be selling it for more, happy to forward a charitable donation if you wanted to make one. But as long as you want it for yourself, or for people you know ... not to sell on for profit ... you can come and collect ... ideally before the end of the month ...

Latest posts

Back