artist's sketch pencil

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greggy

Established Member
Reaction score
hiya guys, here is an artist's propelling sketch pencil. amboyna burr with chrome fittings. the top unscrews to reveal a sharpener for the 5.5mm lead. ca finish and a couple of coats of ren wax. all comments welcome.
thanks.

22032009306_edited.jpg

Pleasantly different - never seen one like that before :D
Lovely looking piece of timber,and excellently finished.

Andrew

thanks for the nice comments guys. johnny, if you unscrew the small fluted end at the top of the pencil and place it on the lead it will sharpen it. as it is now in the photo, if you press it in it propells the lead forward.

Nice one again, Greggy!
They look hefty things these - is that an illusion or are they quite heavy?
Love the wood and the finish too.

stewart, no they are not heavy i was quite suprised how light they are. thanks.

Hi Greggy,

What an outstanding finish and such an unusual item. I also would like to know where you get the kit.

Regards,

Mike C

hiya guys, thanks again for such nice comments again. also the questions on the pencil kit, the kit comes from the states, csusa. i only get my kits from the states when the lads have a group buy. i am always in touch with dave at turners-retreat about getting better quality kits with long lasting platings, he is slowly coming around to my way of thinking lol. but at the end of the day he can only do so much. but you will find the kits more expensive though. if anyone wants any tips on making pens just give me a shout and i will be only too happy to help.

Back