April swap shop (carrying on alfs good work)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kityuser

Established Member
Reaction score
I was most fortunate enough to benefit from the kindness of alf many many moons ago, and such would like to carry on the tradition.

I`ve got a HUGE stack of yankee workshop dvd`s, ripped to a popular pc format.
* I mean DVDs recorded off the tv, then ripped onto the computer, not bought DVDs *
All recorded off the box by myself or an american family member.

I`m prepared to post off 5 dvd`s crammed full of Normness in return for possibly some plans for a cabin bed.
The more plans the better, its a long term planning project.

Please be aware that all of these programmes were broadcast OVERAIR, NON are ripped DVD`s, I have the adverts to prove the point :) (not been removed from the programmes)

I`m not trying to make a profit, just pass on some good will.

*please no copyright complains, these are long term *cough* "lends" *

first 5 takers, post up and I`ll get some details.

episode list to follow...............

plans in return would be nice

Steve

I don't know if i'm the only one, but.............................
I've never seen "Norm" or the t.v. programme before, heard about him,seen his website but never seen a show. :oops:
If i had any cabin bed plans i would swap like a shot but i aint got any :cry:

no worries kev. PM me some details and I`ll bung a DVD in the post.

if you got something (small) you wanna post up, stick it on this thread and pass the goodwill on.

if not, no worries

Steve

PS I'm not ashamed to admit that 'ol NORM got me into woodworking.
Watching endless shows with my old man on Discovery Home and Leisure.
Some people slate him on safety, I think he's god

Hi Steve
about your recordings of NYW and your IT background I need some advice,
The late Barry Burgess gave me 2 DVDs of NYW broadcasts and a DVD with what I belive is an operating system to play them with the written letters VLC on it does this mean anything to you,

The only thing I remember Barry saying was when installing make sure it does not become the default system,

I am not pc literate and unsure of any damage I can do in my ignorance any advice greatfuly received,

Cheers Nigel

Steve,
from your avatar I take it the 10 month old gets his looks from Mrs kityuser, has the three year old taken his Dad`s looks... :lol: :lol:

Great idea !

I've got a nice new Silverline #7 jointer - about a million thou concave. Would like to swap for shiny LN #8..... :lol:

Seriously. I've got DC's first three DVD's and will swap (on a temporary basis) for either Rob Cosman's Rough to ready or Chris Schwarz's Coarse, Medium Fine.

Cheers

Karl

Nigel, VLC is a free to download media player a bit like Windows media Player, nowhere near as sophisticated but works well enough to be able to watch dvd's on a computer. I found it when i could no longer watch dvd's using windows media player after I upgraded to media player 11.
Hope it makes some sense :?

Richardhw thanks for that I will try it out,
as I have windows media player they may play under that without loading VLC,

Cheers Nigel

I'd like to appologise to everyone who I've been in PM with.

Domestically the KityUser household is not a happy place, both of my boys have just had the chicken pox thats going around and the youngest is particularly poorly :-(

I'll get on the DVDs this weekend.

thanks

(not forgotten)

Steve

Back