Anyone used > mobiles.co.uk

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chippy1970

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all upgrading my phone soon on Vodafone and spotted a good deal online with mobiles.co.uk just wondered whether to give them a try. I have always avoided the mobile companies that offer FREE playstations , ipods etc etc and always go direct to Vodafone. This looks good though I can get the phone I want which comes out next month for free on the same tariff I already have but also get 10 months free line rental through a cash back scheme. The line rental is actually slightly more than I pay now but with the cash back it works out about £140 cheaper over the 24 months then I can just upgrade again.

If anyone has any experience with this company or if you have had a contract where you get cash back how did you get on ?? they are owned by Carphone warehouse.

Yes, I got a similar offer for a blackberry a year or so ago with the cashback scheme. The company are fine - no problems with them at all. My contract was with O2 so all bills were sent by O2 etc then I had to print or copy them and send them to mobiles.co.uk every 'x' number of months. The danger is forgetting to submit your bills at the appointed time and making sure you send them exactly what they ask for.

I had no problems and noted in my calender when to send off my bills but a friend who got the same phone and offer managed to send a couple of his at the wrong time and missed out on 2 payments.

You just have to be organised and it's a great offer. I saved a fortune!

Same experience as Jensmith

I took out a 24 month contract on O2 / Nokia E71 and got a great deal. no problems with cashback and will definately consider them again when our contracts are due.

Bob

They're pretty much the online arm of the carphone warehouse. I've ordered 2 phones from them in the past 4 years, once with a free PS3, once with a free 37" HDTV, my girlfriend got one with cashback. Neither of us have had any problems whatsoever.

Cheers , great to hear that. I had the same thoughts about making sure I write in the diary when the bills are due and make sure I send them exactly what they ask for. I bet they use the slightest excuse to get out of paying the cashback if you send the wrong bill or its not on time. It sounds the way to go when I upgrade unless that is Vodafone do me an equally good deal but I wont hold my breath :lol:

Cheers again

Chris

Playstation,xbox360,cashback are they not just different baits!
If a worm does not work try a maggot.

andycktm":2t7z6gtq said:
Playstation,xbox360,cashback are they not just different baits!
If a worm does not work try a maggot.

You might say that but if your upgrading anyway whats the difference in doing it through them or Vodafone ? Nothing but with them you get cashback equivalent to me getting £5 a month off my bill for the next 24 months ,compared to vodafone. I wouldn't be interested in any of the other freebies ie wii's ipods etc as the cash back is worth a lot more than them but I suppose some people fall for it.

I Just used quidco.com for a cashback deal on an i-phone for the wife - on a cheap monthly term T-mobile want £175 up front but quidco gives £150 cashback so in effect £25 for the phone.

Latest posts

Back