Anyone know of an alternative delivery service to Royal Mail

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iajon69

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows of a decent alternative to using Royal Mail?

Send quite a lot of small parcels – mostly under 2kg and with the recent strikes it’s been a right pain not being able to post anything.

Have used couriers for heavy items in the past but have found that for small parcels couriers are a lot more expensive than Royal Mail so just wondering if anyone knows of an alternative for small parcel deliveries?

Thanks

Ian

Now this might sound silly but try Staples. Apparently they deliver parcels and large ones too and are good on price. A friend of mine posted some fishing rods he had sold and used them. :wink:

Hi Alan

I'd imagine, if they're like all of the other companies, that they will use the Post Office to do the final bit of the delivery.

Cheers,
Neil

Try ebay...

There are people/companies on there that for a very cheap IMHO will arrange to collect and deliver on to destination...
and you can pay via paypal

Also try this website
http://www.interparcel.com/
a 2kg 20cm x 20cm x 20cm parcel around £7.50 + vat

Thanks for the replies - have used interparcel before but forgot all about them so thanks for the link. Think that I will use them again for some parcels until the post strike is over.

Regards

Ian

Back