Anyone interested in making some pieces for a job?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markturner

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, we are hugely busy here and have 5 bespoke kitchen projects in the queue, one of them the client keeps changing design and its kind of falling outside of the remit of the stuff my usual guy does. ( sprayed modern handless kitchens and built in stuff)

Although I would love to do myself, I simply don't have time. I need someone to make some pieces in Oak, she wants a simple, old, rustic look, not contemporary flawless joints etc......we need a shelf unit and an island table / storage station - exact design / finish to be confirmed. Could also possibly make the units ( face frame, shaker doors) if interested as well.......

We have space and facilities here for it to be made, so if someone wants to work here it would be fine, or we could get it made at your place......Need it done in the next 3 - 4 weeks, price needs to be keen, as I have already given a guide price but I am not going to be unreal in expectations.

I am just sounding people out to see my options - anyone interested?

drop me an email [email protected] or ring the office

Cheers

markturner":3406f6k3 said:
Well, I am surprised no one is interested.......never mind.

Hi Mark
Looked at this and thought hmm i could do that . But not in that time frame ,maybe sometime in the future when thing are not so busy as i have 6 months work booked in .

Cheers Bern :D

markturner":1uhp2tp2 said:
Well, I am surprised no one is interested.......never mind.

not everybody here reads every thread, every day; just a thought...

plus:

The "Keen" price, is that London Keen (which leaves all of us outside london some room) or everywhere keen? Better yet, throw out a figure.
Dimensions, Dimensions, Dimensions....
Does it have to include transport of the workpiece to you from wherever? OR If someone comes over to your place to work, what about lodgings (and cost thereof)?

It's unlikely you would be able to quote work based on such slim info, so you can't expect to get much of a reply, especially in just 1 1/2 days, at "drop of a hat" kind of notice.

Just saying.

Hi, fair, points, I did not mean to come across as being irate etc...I was genuinely surprised! - From reading here there are so many threads with people wanting to get into this kind of work etc....and plenty of professionals who would turn this around very easily. Here is a crappy sketch....

its 2200 x 650mm x 870mm approx

I had a quote from a factory to make it at approx £3,300 which made me spit me coffee out a bit...with some markup for me, thats an expensive table.......

Personnally, I would said its about 4 days work - what do you think?

I have had 2 people approach me today which is good, so lets see what happens,

Cheers, Mark

Back