Anyone for bowl blank practice.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RobertMP":4scjt1nv said:
Not a member there.
Need to be logged in there to see that.

Sorry about that: here's a copy.

Blanks20March.JPG

Not individually handcarved blanks I suppose? :D

Ah well, one can dream. Now, if I had a garage for oak blanks, and a garage.......

Wow, that lot would keep me going for ....well, I can't imagine how long actually!

He has access to some amazing timber, and I've seen him post on other sites, but I stopped checking out his work a while ago as the vast majority of his shapes don't work for me and I dislike the high gloss finish that he tends to use.
Obviously it's down to personal preference again, but with timber with as much figuring as he uses I prefer to keep things simple. It obviously works for a lot of people though as he's managing to keep his business going

Duncan

CHJ":5qtph7bl said:
greybeard":5qtph7bl said:
Ah well, one can dream. Now, if I had a garage for oak blanks, and a garage.......
Wow, that lot would keep me going for ....well, I can't imagine how long actually!

If you want to dream some more have a look at the company web site gallery or turning process:

http://www.exoticwoodworld.com/index.php?c=product_list

I'm amazed at the Species page, Only two listed that I knew, do any of these species have other names I'm familiar with?

Lord Nibbo":3to402ch said:
I'm amazed at the Species page, Only two listed that I knew, do any of these species have other names I'm familiar with?

Having read some of his explanations of timber on other forums I think a lot of the names he uses are near or equivalent to local names. They would also suit his gallery marketing I would think.

If you have an hour or two to spare a search of http://www.hobbithouseinc.com/personal/woodpics/indextotal.htm for any comparable names might yield some further info.

Latest posts

Back