Anyone else waiting on the new hobby craft saw? (Axminster)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Apparently it is supposed to be avaliable at the end of the month. Seems to be a bit smaller than the TS200 /TS250, and has a different layout. Not sure about the base sticking out just as far as the fence, but we'll see.

Not so fussed on the sliding table as I don't have room for it, so will be aiming to get a table extension either side.

I'm hoping they're going to put out a video of it, like they did with the other Craft line items.

https://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-c ... saw-104926

Is the Craft line above or below the Hobby line?
TBH, based on my HBS310, I'd not touch anything this cheap unless I had no choice... which I usually don't anyway, but still.

Nah, table saws are too scary for me, at this point. I'd consider a thicknesser-planer, though.

Tasky":2e88ggxo said:
Is the Craft line above or below the Hobby line?
TBH, based on my HBS310, I'd not touch anything this cheap unless I had no choice... which I usually don't anyway, but still.

Nah, table saws are too scary for me, at this point. I'd consider a thicknesser-planer, though.

I believe it's a replacement.

Is there going to be an 8" replacement for the old TS 250? I thought that model had been deleted and was unavailable but it's now showing up as 'low stock'.

transatlantic":199ivrwb said:
Apparently it is supposed to be avaliable at the end of the month. Seems to be a bit smaller than the TS200 /TS250, and has a different layout. Not sure about the base sticking out just as far as the fence, but we'll see.

Not so fussed on the sliding table as I don't have room for it, so will be aiming to get a table extension either side.

I'm hoping they're going to put out a video of it, like they did with the other Craft line items.

https://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-c ... saw-104926
The main general video has some info on it.

They seem to have addressed the main TS200 issues

- Non standard mitre slots are now standard width - finally!

- Blade tilt now allows zero clearance and pivots properly due to the motor being mounted like a 'proper' cabinet saw.

- Improved crank rate on height adjustment

- better machining on the top

I wasn't going to bother with another TS (I sold my TS200 last year), but I think I'll give it a try.

Latest posts

Back