any experiences with woodford woodworking machinery?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a quick look at some of the items they were selling on their website. Checked out their radial arm saws. Funny thing is that the spindles are down as 1 inch in diameter. You would expect that only from items made in the USA to have that spec. Probably most items from the Far East. No direct experience with them.

Mike

They used to be the flavour of the month supplier for those Chinese clones of dated 30s/40s style US machinery.

There are a few members with Xcalibur branded machinery and I can't remember any bad comments. I beleive that a lot of their equipment is high quality Delta clones (e.g. the Unisaw)

Misterfish

I have an Xcaliber Delta Contractor saw type with a 10" blade. I have had it for 5/6 years and very happy with it. good and solid cast iron top. Replaced the mitre guide for an Incra and works a treat.

I remember picking it up and seeing their showroom, the planer thicknessers were a cut above the sheppach stuff of the time,cant spek to any thing else but have been around a while and fairly well regarded I belive

I have the 10" Xcalibur cabinet TS - it's the one you see in all my films. It's old-fashioned, but that I can live with. Its main strengths are that it is built like a tank and has more power than I shall ever need. Rock-solid fence. I hope I never have to give it back. Bob9F, Trim and Philly also have the same saw, I believe. We are all happy bunnies.

I've not seen the P/T.

I hadn't made the connection before but you're right, they look just like the Axminster ones and the specs seem near-enough identical, when I hopefully get around to buying a P/T later this year I think based on the apparent performance per pound I'm likely to be placing an order with them. There are some magazine reviews of the planer-thicknessers on the Woodford website which seem generally favourable. For the money I don't think you'd go far wrong.

I've got the Xcaliber 12" table saw and am very pleased with it, as Steve says, built like a tank with more power than you'll ever need.

Back