Any experience of Volvo V70 2.4 - Final update

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BradNaylor":uhe357l8 said:
TrimTheKing":uhe357l8 said:
The missus paid cash for it

I love it how you slip little snippets in like this like it's the most normal thing in the world.
Not slipped in, not intentionally anyway, and i wasn;t aware I did it regularly. :oops:

It's simple, she was asked to take on a role in her company after they were bought out and she didn't like the new owners, and was pregnant and planning to have 2 kids in 3 years so convinced them it wasn't in their best interests to keep her. They didn't need to know she didn't want to stay anyway.

She got paid off and walked away with 2 years salary, so the only difference between us and anyone else is that the cash lump is there in the bank. That 2 years cash still has to last 3 years as she's not planning to go back to work for at least another 2 years, so it really isn't any different to anybody else who gets a severance package, and I know a few people in the same boat...

Hey Mark,

You've told me the story yourself - I was only trying to have a bit of fun with you! :D

It's obvously a bit of a raw nerve though, which I shall avoid in future. I imagine you get sick of people thinking 'It's alright for the Trims - they're bloody loaded!'

Can you lend me a tenner?

:lol:

BradNaylor":34xvxgaf said:
Hey Mark,

You've told me the story yourself - I was only trying to have a bit of fun with you! :D

It's obvously a bit of a raw nerve though, which I shall avoid in future. I imagine you get sick of people thinking 'It's alright for the Trims - they're bloody loaded!'

Can you lend me a tenner?

:lol:
No worries mate, bad day yesterday, just caught me in a girly moment :D

Of course I can lend you a tenner, I've seen some great day rates advertised, you can pay me back £20grand in a week! ;)

TrimTheKing":opfdl2xw said:
BradNaylor":opfdl2xw said:
TrimTheKing":opfdl2xw said:

I love it how you slip little snippets in like this like it's the most normal thing in the world.
Not slipped in, not intentionally anyway, and i wasn;t aware I did it regularly. :oops:

It's simple, she was asked to take on a role in her company after they were bought out and she didn't like the new owners, and was pregnant and planning to have 2 kids in 3 years so convinced them it wasn't in their best interests to keep her. They didn't need to know she didn't want to stay anyway.

She got paid off and walked away with 2 years salary, so the only difference between us and anyone else is that the cash lump is there in the bank. That 2 years cash still has to last 3 years as she's not planning to go back to work for at least another 2 years, so it really isn't any different to anybody else who gets a severance package, and I know a few people in the same boat...

as cover stories go its not a bad one - but you're busted as we know it was you who won the 36 million on the eurolottery but ellected to remain anonymous :lol:

TrimTheKing":165yp9at said:
Of course I can lend you a tenner, I've seen some great day rates advertised, you can pay me back £20grand in a week! ;)

course on the other hand if he's lending money at 108000%apr its not suprising he can pay cash for a new motor ;)

It's a bit late now, but if you're purchasing a diesel then avoid one with a dual mass flywheel like the plague. They tend to come apart from about 30K onwards and the manufacturers aren't interested in claims, even though it's a common fault and they're all now abandoning DMFs and are trying to cure the vibration problems via fancy electronics that limit torque in the first 2 gears

TrimTheKing":359n29ox said:
BradNaylor":359n29ox said:
TrimTheKing":359n29ox said:

I spotted that too, but the explaination has left me disappointed - here was me thinking you were married to a millionairess :roll:

Back